Variety: 100% Tempranillo. 14 months in french, american and central european oaks.
Color: Deep, dark, cherry-red, with light iodine hues.
Nose: Powerful and intense. Notes of vanilla, licorice and leather with ripe red fruits.
Palate: Well-structured with presence of very ripe tannins and hints of stewed ripe fruit.
Finish: Tasty, envelopping and persistent.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE WINE
- Brand: ACÓN
- Type of wine and vintage: Crianza 2007
- Alcohol degree: 14,00% By Vol.
- Total acidity: 5,40 g/L
- pH: 3,83
- Residual sugar: 1,30 g/L
INFORMATION ABOUT THE GRAPE:
- Vineyards: Abadía de Acón vineyards
- Variety: 100% Tempranillo
- Age of the vines: 15-20 years
- Yield: 3.500 Kg./Ha.
- Altitude: 870 m
- Soil: unirrigated, poor, southern hillside, pebbles and smooth sand with clayey background.
HARVEST, TRANSPORT AND RECEPTION IN THE WINERY:
- Manual harvest in cases of 15Kg
- Selection of the grape in the vineyards
- Transport and reception in the winery immediately, maximum 3 hours from the vineyards to the stainless steel tanks
- Reception in the winery through the sorting table
- Filled into the stainless steel tanks by gravity, without pumpings.
- Controlled fermentation under 30ºC
- Maceration between 18 and 25 days before press
- 14 months
- Age of the barrels: 50% new, 25% second year, 25% 3rd year
- Type of oak: 30% American, 40% French, 30% Centraleuropean (Hungary)
WINEMAKER: Juan Ayuso
AWARDS:90/100 points, Peñín Guide 2012: color cereza, borde granate. Aroma fruta madura, especiado, roble cremoso, tostado, complejo. Boca potente, sabroso, tostado, taninos maduros.